The Music Commission of the Círculo del Liceo hosted the Winter Recital «Transcriptions of opera and fantasy about Lohengrin» by Albert Guinovart.
Guinovart is one of the most complete and versatile musicians on the current scene. His professional activity is diversified between his dedication to the piano repertoire, composition and teaching. He is a professor at ESMUC, and an academic at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts and Sant Jordi. It has three Butaca Awards and two Max, as well as the Premi Ciutat de Barcelona. He is also a Steinway Artist, being part of the famous community of today's most acclaimed pianists.
He studied in London with Maria Curcio. He has performed all over the world in recitals and with orchestras such as the OBC or the Helsinki Philharmonic, among others. He has also collaborated with renowned artists, such as Victoria de los Ángeles, Barbara Hendricks, Frederica von Stade, Julia Migenes, Juan Diego Flórez and Nacho Duato.
In 2018 he premiered his Requiem at the Palau de la Música, where he is a resident artist. He is known for his awarded musicals (Mar i Cel and Flor de Nit among others). He has also composed the operas Atzar, and Alba eternal, the ballet Terra Baixa, abundant symphonic, choral and chamber music.
It has more than 30 recordings. His albums for SONY with his Concerts for piano, recorded in St. Petersburg, as well as the last one, Nocturne with works by Guinovart for piano alone, have been a success.
1. Fantaisie Op. 16 nº1 (1829) – F. Mendehlssohn
2. Drei Lieder ohne Worte (1843) – F. Mendehlssohn
3. Variations Sérieuses Op. 54 (1841) – F. Mendehlssohn
4. Rondo Capriccioso Op. 14 (1830) – F. Mendehlssohn
1. Elsas Traum (1854) – R. Wagner / F. Liszt
2. Elsas Brautzug zum Münster (185e) – R. Wagner / F. Liszt
3. Elsas Vertrauen - R. Wagner / A. Guinovart
4. In fernem Land – R. Wagner / A. Guinovart
Tristan und Isolde (1865)
5. Isoldens Liebestod (1868) – R. Wagner / F. Liszt